Enacted: January 31, 2016
Revised: October 1, 2018
The following policy is made in accordance Article 11 of the Act on Specified Commercial Transactions under Japanese law.
This policy sets forth matters common to all Participating Merchants accepting payments via the TableCheck platform, and should be read in accordance with the specific policies of each Participating Merchant.
Name: TableCheck Inc.
Address: 2-14-5 Ginza, Dai-27 Chuo Bldg 4F, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, Japan 104-0061
Phone Number: +81 (0)3-5565-0112
Contact: Yu Taniguchi
Merchant of Record
The merchant of record which appears on your credit card statement may by either "TableCheck" or the name of the Participating Merchant.
Japan only: The merchant of record for items sold on the TableCheck platform will be the Participating Merchant, not "TableCheck", except for booking fees.
Items will be billed in accordance with the price(s) listed on the website. The purchase price will be displayed to the user before the purchase order is placed.
Available payment methods vary according to the Participating Merchant, and may include:
* Credit Card (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, JCB, Diners, UnionPay)
* e-Wallet (AliPay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay)
TableCheck supports several types of payment interactions. The same Participating Merchant may accept multiple payment types. In each case the behavior and conditions of use will be clearly indicated to the user.
- Billing will occur at the time the reservation is created.
- You will be notified when payment has been made successfully. It will not be necessary to pay the prepaid amount at the time you attend your reservation.
- At the time you make a reservation, you will be prompted to agree to the Cancellation Policy of the Participating Merchant.
- When make your reservation, a deposit will be held (authorized) on your card. The deposit will be held until you have attended your reservation, then released within two weeks thereafter.
- When you attend your reservation, you will be required to pay the full bill amount irrespective of the deposit.
- In the event you cancel your reservation, you will be charged a cancellation fee in accordance with the Cancellation Policy.
- Depending on the the credit card processor used, deposits may expire and be periodically renewed.
- Debit cards do not allow deposit holds. Debit cards will be charged the full amount immediately and refunded several weeks after your visit.
- In some cases, a booking fee may be charged at the time you make your reservation.
- Such booking fee may be done as a standalone charge, or simultaneously with either a prepayment or a deposit (as described above.)
- The merchant of record for booking fees will be "TableCheck".
TableCheck Pay (Smart Checkout):
- At the time you complete your meal, the Participating Merchant will send you a web link at which you may pay your bill (by text message, email, or QR code.)
- You will be notified when payment has been made successfully. It will not be necessary to make further payment to the Participating Merchant.
Items will be charged in the currency listed on the website. Foreign exchange rates may apply. Please consult your card issuer.
Refunds and Cancellation Fees
Refund and cancellation fee policy are dependent on each Participating Merchant and on the specific items(s) being purchased. The applicable refund and cancellation fee policy will be displayed to the user before the purchase order is placed. Items are no longer eligible for refund after the purchase billing has been completed. Interest will not be paid on any debt related to the refund.
Stored Card Data
Depending on the Participating Merchant and payment gateway used, you may be given the option to store your credit for future reuse. In this case, the card data will be stored securely in a third-party payment gateway and not in the systems provided by TableCheck. Credit card reuse will only be possible for Participating Merchant(s) using the same payment gateway.
About SSL Security
This web site is secured via an SSL Certificate. For addresses beginning with HTTPS, all information sent to this site is encrypted, protecting it from interception by unintended recipients.