Enacted: January 31, 2016
Revised: October 1, 2018
Revised: December 15, 2018
The following policy is made in accordance Article 11 of the Act on Specified Commercial Transactions under Japanese law.
This policy sets forth the manner in which payments are transacted via the TableCheck platform, and should be read in accordance with the specific policies of each Participating Merchant.
Phone: +81 4-2968-5568
Merchant of Record
The merchant of record which appears on your credit card statement will be "ＴａｂｌｅＣｈｅｃｋマック".
All products and services sold on the TableCheck platform are legally transacted between you and the Participating Merchant, and not with TableCheck itself.
Items will be billed in accordance with the price(s) listed on the website. The purchase price will be displayed to the user before the purchase order is placed.
Available payment methods vary according to the Participating Merchant, and may include:
- Credit Card (Visa, American Express, MasterCard, JCB, Diners, UnionPay)
- e-Wallet (AliPay, WeChat Pay, Apple Pay)
TableCheck supports several types of payment interactions. The same Participating Merchant may accept multiple payment types. In each case the behavior and conditions of use will be clearly indicated to the user.
Prepayments (Tickets and Pre-paid Packages)
- Billing will occur at the time the reservation is created.
- You will be notified when payment has been made successfully. You will not pay for prepaid items when settling your bill on-premise. Any additional purchases must be settled separately.
- At the time you make a reservation, you will be prompted to agree to the Cancellation Policy of the Participating Merchant.
- When make your reservation, an authorization hold will be place on your card for the indicated amount. At the time you make your reservation, this amount will not be charged. The amount will be held (frozen) on your card until you have attended your reservation, then released within two weeks thereafter.
- When settling your bill on-premise, you will be required to pay the full bill amount including any items for which an authorization hold was made, irrespective of the amount held.
- In the event you cancel your reservation, you will be charged a cancellation fee in accordance with the Cancellation Policy.
- Debit cards do not allow authorization holds. Debit cards will be charged the full amount immediately and refunded several weeks after your visit.
- Depending on the the credit card processor used, authorization holds may expire. In order to maintain your authorization hold, we will renew the held amount each month until your reservation. On debit cards this may temporarily create a double-charge, which will eventually be refunded to you.
Product Sales and Delivery
- Billing will occur at the time you make your purchase online.
- Please refer to each product page for delivery timing and delivery method.
- Please refer to each product page for policies regarding returns and unused items.
Contactless Pay (Smart Checkout)
- At the time you complete your meal, the Participating Merchant will send you a web link at which you may pay your bill (by text message, email, or QR code.)
- You will be notified when payment has been made successfully. It will not be necessary to make further payment to the Participating Merchant.
Items will be charged in the currency listed on the website. Foreign exchange rates may apply. Please consult your card issuer.
Refunds and Cancellation Fees
Refund and cancellation fee policy are dependent on each Participating Merchant and on the specific items(s) being purchased. The applicable refund and cancellation fee policy will be displayed to the user before the purchase order is placed. Items are no longer eligible for refund after the purchase billing has been completed. Interest will not be paid on any debt related to the refund.
Stored Card Data
You may be given the option to store your credit for future reuse. In this case, the card data will be stored securely encrypted in a third-party payment gateway and not in the systems provided by TableCheck. Credit card reuse will only be possible for Participating Merchant(s) using the same payment gateway.
About SSL Security
This web site is secured via an SSL Certificate. For addresses beginning with HTTPS, all information sent to this site is encrypted, protecting it from interception by unintended recipients.